- In a small saucepan, bring the marinade ingredients to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Cut the blocks of tofu into 1/2" slices, then cut the slices into 1" squares. Place the squares in a single layer in the non-reactive heatproof pan. Pour the marinade over the tofu, sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of the oil, and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Prepare the remaining ingredients and have them at hand before beginning to stir-fry.
- Broil the tofu for 7 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned; then turn it over with a spatula and brown the other side.
- While the tofu broils, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir in the ginger, add the greens and stir constantly on high heat until the greens wilt. When the greens are just tender, add the lime juice, cilantro (parsley) and cayenne or chili oil and remove from the heat.
- When the tofu is browned, gently toss it with the marinade and the cooked greens, and reheat if necessary. Top with toasted nuts, if you like, and serve immediately.
Serve with Coconut Basmati Rice.
NOTES: You can easily use less fat to reduce the total fat count in this recipe. Also, use low sodium soy sauce to reduce sodium in recipe. We use kale and it is wonderful for this recipe--a real kick!
Calories: 200 Fat: 11.7 g Carbohydrates: 15.4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium:
595 mg Protein: 9.7 g
Restaurant Cooks at Home:
Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day
by Moosewood Collective
DISCLAIMER: This is a not-for-profit website and these recipes appear as a courtesy to my veg*n friends around the world. No copyright infringement is intended. At the request of the copyright holder(s), the recipe(s) will be promptly removed.